Technology integrated, project based, service learning
- Critical / Computational Thinking
Freedom vs Privacy
- Discover and analyze the tools available for student portfolio creation, and the pros and cons of each
- Discuss the use of collaborative planning tools in project based learning
Google Keep Demo: collaborative notes, share with me
Activity #1: Pair up, discuss and record your answers in a Keep note:
What tools can students use to create learning artifacts?
Activity #2: Review tools, add at least two pros and two cons to at least one of the tools on this document:
Current Available Tools
Activity #3: What tools can teachers and students use to guide the creation of a learning artifact? Use Google Keep and share with me.
The technology team continues to check the fine details of our hardware deployments, making sure all of the machines are identified and properly configured.
New issue: We are seeing a problem where when a student logs in onto a station, the login is stalled and the machine becomes unusable. This has something to do with the way our LDAP service is structured and how the Mac handles initializing an account and setting permissions on the folders in the /Users/Shared account. The immediate solution is to clear the /Users/Shared folder, which has the potential of causing other students to lose work saved in their accounts on that specific computer. This issue is being researched and we hope to have a solution soon.
New issue: The Ripple Effects software not working with student accounts, but does work with a specific ldap account or a local account. The culture and client team has implemented a workaround where students can log into that specific account and use the software, instead of their student account. We are exploring alternatives with the vendor and will let you know if we find a better solution.
New issue: The BCCS site techs will begin working on cleaning up the power and network cabling to the workstations in each class.
- The classroom speakers at BCCS have been received and are being distributed to those who need them.
- The CAASPP browser works with our new individual student account system, however we are not yet able to disable the keyboard shortcuts that cause the browser to throw a security warning. We are researching the problem and expect to have a solution by the end of January.All other tasks have been completed.
I wish you all Happy Holidays and hope you enjoy your winter break.